Wednesday, July 4, 2007

At long last

Nats Win! Nats Win!

Nats beat the Cubs today 6-0. (Would Brose say 6-o?)

Dmitri Young, our All Star First Baseman hit a grand slam that had RFK rocking.

But the best part was that after a long long long long long long time and many many many many missed opportunities, I got a foul ball.


As we walked in, I said to B.Roosevelt that I was mad for forgetting my glove. So when the fateful pop up headed our way, I braved it with my bare hands. It may have bounced off my hands, I may have fallen over backwards into the row behind me, and I may have been caught by the kind folks behind me only to have the ball roll in front of my face as I dangled inches from the concrete. All that was a blur. Alls I know is that I finally got a ball.

2 comments:

Max Derlmeister said...

Awesome! Big dad-hero points there. Did your hand sting? It's worth it.

Roosevelt Street In Exile said...

I kinda wished I had a lingering injury that I could point to as entre to tell the story again.