Friday, May 25, 2007

Back Porch

Tonight, I got to the Great House (B.Roosevelt's name for the Roosevelt Street house) in the early evening, and headed straight for the back porch.

The new back porch stretches from the back of the addition nearly to the fish pond. It is officially my favorite part of the house.

So I headed straight back to enjoy the end of the day. When I went out, it was like the watering hole at sunset -- all the wildlife was out.

I saw a female cardinal, a chipmunk, two rabbits, and several goldfish (OK, they are always there).

So all of a sudden it hit me that rather than landscape the back area, we should leave it wild. Keep it a habitat for all of the neighborhood creatures pushed out of other lots crowded with McMansions.

Our architect says the verdant back yard looks like West Virginia. I think that'll do just fine.

2 comments:

emfink said...

I didn't know you had a fish pond. That's so cool.

Max Derlmeister said...

Rockin! I loves me some wild areas.