Thursday, May 10, 2007

Ridonkulous!

Today's word of the day is ridonkulous. The most popular selection in the Urban Dictionary defines ridonkulous as "deserving or inspiring ridicule to the highest degree." I prefer the definition of the variation, ridonkulus, "just like ridiculous, but more intense." That definition has a Gen X Mountain Dew ad flavor to it.

I first heard the word from Tina Fey, my cultural hero, on SNL. I have used it periodically since then when trying to sound as young as I look.

But to my great surprise, it appeared in a column by Thomas Boswell in today's Washington Post Sports Section. Looks like its time for a new hip word choice. . .

2 comments:

Max Derlmeister said...

How about Preposteronkulous?

Roosevelt Street In Exile said...

I think those went extinct.